Sep 30, 2013
We can’t always control where our money goes when we pay for the fuels that power our vehicles and homes, but if you had the choice, would you rather keep your energy dollars in the U.S. or send it to another country? Would you rather see a local farmer or business owner benefit from your energy usage, or a foreign energy conglomerate? Chances are you’re already thinking about a family member or neighbor who farms, and this ideas seems pretty appealing. The good news is that it isn’t complicated or unattainable. In fact, if you want to switch to a biomass stove to heat your home, office, or cabin today, there is very little standing in your way.
Here are your steps to switching to a biomass stove:
- Read some stories from others who made the decision to switch.
- Call and talk to a heating specialist to ask questions 1-800-495-3196.
- Request your guide to selecting the best biomass appliance for your home/building.
- Get your stove ordered (you can save half off shipping right now!)
- Prepare the space where you will have it installed. Here’s one client’s blog post about prepping space.
- Talk to your insurance agent
- Arrange installation for when the appliance arrives.
- Calculate cheapest fuel options for your area.
With each step you take, you are closer to supporting domestic energy and keeping dollars close to home. Congratulations on your decision to research biomass stoves and learn more about this important heating option!